SARTIRANA TEXTILE SHOW 15TH EDITION.
The 15th edition of Sartirana Textile Show was held from Thursday 31st October to Sunday 3rd November 2019 in Turin at La Promotrice delle Belle Arti, a beautiful Art Nouveau venue in the center of Turin.
The 15th Sartirana Textile Show watchword is renewal.
Together with the traditional fair of highly quality antique rugs and textiles and the satellite cultural exhibitions.
Together with the traditional fair, STS hosts important satellite side exhibitions.
- Small Medallion Ushak rug, so–called Tintoretto, from West Anatolia, 16th century. To celebrate the 2019 Special Edition, BIG Broker Insurance Group is glad to present the prestigious collaboration with Fondazione Cerruti and Castello di Rivoli, Museo d’Arte Contemporanea. This partnership consists in the loan of a prestigious carpet (one of the about 30 classical examples in the Collection) belonging to Francesco Federico Cerruti –famous businessman and collector, who died in 2015. The presence of this prestigious textile artwork in a specialised background such as STS, allows professionals and visitors to deepen the knowledge of Collezione Cerruti. Since May 2019, it is possible to visit the entire Cerruti Collection in the new museum complex of Castello di Rivoli. Here the link to Fondazione Cerruti website: https://www.castellodirivoli.org/collezione-cerruti/
- Treasures of the Forbidden City, by Farzin Mollaian. An outstanding selection of Chinese carpets from the Forbidden City, woven in silk with metal threads.
- Antique Kelaghayi, curated Asli Samadova an ideal journey to discover this traditional Azerbaijani women’s shawl woven from silk threads, a unique opportunity to meet the Azerbaijani culture throughout one of the main feature of women’s costume.
- Vaghireh, from the Taher Sabahi Collection. A series of representative carpet samples gathered with a diligent search throughout the years. Vaghireh are models that weavers traditionally used for reproducing carpet patterns.
- Discover the artistic world of Horst Beyer. Artworks, inspired by the multiple potential of recycled material, the artist evokes new dimensions of space, surface and color by cutting, tying, plating and transforming the electricity cables into the main component of his aesthetical work.
STS proudly announces the cooperation with two important institutions:
- Poldi Pezzoli Museum, Milan
- Sandretto Re Rebaudengo Foundation, Turin
Dedicated corners will be set for presenting the activities of these organizations.
This special edition will guest,
- press organizations:
- HALI Magazine, leading publication in the world of antique carpets, textiles and Islamic art.
- Il Giornale dell’Arte, monthly magazine dedicated to the Art world published by the Turin publishing company Umberto Allemandi & Co.
- A tourist consortium composed by Sistema Monferrato-tour operator, Alexala (Agenzia Turistica Locale della Provincia di Alessandria), GAL Risorsa Lomellina, Ecomuseo del Paesaggio Lomellino, La riviera e la città di Alassio presenting VIA(E). A new tourism communication project involving territorial areas of different regions. An innovative approach to increase the appeal on the international tourism market of different regional areas: Monferrato and Langhe-Piedmont, Lomellina-Lombardy and Riviera and city of Alassio-Liguria.
Tea Time Textile Talks
The Tea Time Textile Talks renew the tradition of informal lectures concerning every aspect of the textile art and followed by a convivial moment with tea and biscuits. The TTTT are open to everybody interested in textile and simple curious.