Sartirana Textile Show 2019
Sartirana Textile Show (STS) is internationally known as the most important trade show of Antique Textile Art in Europe, gathering highly qualified international dealers and a huge number of Italian and foreign visitors.
Curated by Alberto Boralevi and usually hosted in the evocative venue of La Pila in Sartirana Lomellina (www.lapilaeventi.it), The Sartirana Textile Show 2019 celebrates its 15th anniversary with a special edition that will take place in Turin historical exhibition space called Promotrice delle Belle Arti, from the 31 October to 3 November 2019.
More than 30 dealers from all around Europe and Asia join the show, with amazing top-end quality antique rugs and textiles. http://www.sartiranatextileshow.it/exhibitors/
Together with the traditional fair, STS hosts important satellite side exhibitions.
- Small Medallion Ushak rug, so–called Tintoretto, from West Anatolia, 16th century. To celebrate the 2019 Special Edition, BIG Broker Insurance Group is glad to present the prestigious collaboration with Fondazione Cerruti and Castello di Rivoli, Museo d’Arte Contemporanea. This partnership consists in the loan of a prestigious carpet (one of the about 30 classical examples in the Collection) belonging to Francesco Federico Cerruti –famous businessman and collector, who died in 2015. The presence of this prestigious textile artwork in a specialised background such as STS, allows professionals and visitors to deepen the knowledge of Collezione Cerruti. Since May 2019, it is possible to visit the entire Cerruti Collection in the new museum complex of Castello di Rivoli. Here the link to Fondazione Cerruti website: https://www.castellodirivoli.org/collezione-cerruti/
- Treasures of the Forbidden City, by Farzin Mollaian. An outstanding selection of Chinese carpets from the Forbidden City, woven in silk with metal threads.
- Antique Kelaghayi, curated Asli Samadova an ideal journey to discover this traditional Azerbaijani women’s shawl woven from silk threads, a unique opportunity to meet the Azerbaijani culture throughout one of the main feature of women’s costume.
- Vaghireh, from the Taher Sabahi Collection. A series of representative carpet samples gathered with a diligent search throughout the years. Vaghireh are models that weavers traditionally used for reproducing carpet patterns.
- Discover the artistic world of Horst Beyer. Artworks, inspired by the multiple potential of recycled material, the artist evokes new dimensions of space, surface and color by cutting, tying, plating and transforming the electricity cables into the main component of his aesthetical work.
The Tea Time Textile Talks will renew tradition of short informal lectures concerning every aspect of the textile art and followed by a convivial moment with tea and biscuits. These lectures are open to everybody interested in textile and simple curious. This year the subjects of the lectures will analyse the main aspects of the collateral shows.
STS proudly announces the cooperation with two important institutions:
- Poldi Pezzoli Museum, Milan
- Sandretto Re Rebaudengo Foundation, Turin
Dedicated corners will be set for presenting the activities of these organizations.
This special edition will guest,
- press organizations:
- HALI Magazine, leading publication in the world of antique carpets, textiles and Islamic art.
- Il Giornale dell’Arte, monthly magazine dedicated to the Art world published by the Turin publishing company Umberto Allemandi & Co.
- A tourist consortium composed by Sistema Monferrato-tour operator, Alexala (Agenzia Turistica Locale della Provincia di Alessandria), GAL Risorsa Lomellina, Ecomuseo del Paesaggio Lomellino, La riviera e la città di Alassio presenting VIA(E). A new tourism communication project involving territorial areas of different regions. An innovative approach to increase the appeal on the international tourism market of different regional areas: Monferrato and Langhe-Piedmont, Lomellina-Lombardy and Riviera and city of Alassio-Liguria.
Sartirana Textile Show 2019 will take place from 31 October to 3 November 2019, with the following opening time:
- Thursday 31 October 2019 – preview from 4 pm to 9 pm
- Friday 1 November 2019 – from 10 am to 8 pm – Inauguration 6 pm
- Saturday 2 November 2019 – from 10 am to 9 pm
- Sunday 3 November 2019 – from 10 am to 7 pm
Please visit www.sartiranatextileshow.it for the news regarding STS 2019.
Tickets € 10
Instagram: Sartirana Textile Show
Organised by LA PILA EVENTI in collaboration with:
BIG-Broker Insurance Group.
APART-Associazione Piemontese Antiquari
SISTEMA MONFERRATO-ALEXALA-GAL RISORSA LOMELLINA-ECOMUSEO PAESAGGIO LOMELLINO